Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 112 Community Potluck Shinanigans

So, my little anti-drug action group is hosting a community potluck, this is a big step for me, because it will mean eating food, prepared by others in unknown kitchens. I guess when I was eating meals out a lot, it was pretty much the same thing, only this is more personal. I know that most people eat hot dogs and such, so we are going to take advantage of the grills in the park and start off with a hot dog cook out, hopefully some other people will show up and bring other stuff. My mom is bringing drinks. That is it so far......I can only hope that people want to meet their neighbors and have a nice afternoon, we're also having a water gun war, super excited about this one! Anyway, I need a really good, community boosting recipe, that won't make anyone sick if it's in the sun too long and will be economical, as well as delicious, and filling, perhaps a bundt cake? I don't know anything about bundt cakes, but I think people like them? Or baked beans, I make killer baked beans and everyone likes those. This is going to be so fun, I can't wait to start cooking and mingling. I feel confident that building community is the first step in eliminating drug crimes, so let's get to it!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: