Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 109 Hunt For The Ghost Chili

Today, I continue my mission to find a Buht Jolokia AKA Ghost chili, for the garden. My mom asks me why I want this pepper and claims she will not allow it near the regular peppers, for fear of spreading the heat. I think she fears the spread of personality and pzazzle, myself. The articles I've found on this pepper, compare it to battery acid  or worse. I'm in. Apparently, you can only consume tiny pieces at a time and must remove the piece you are using to heat a recipe, a small piece will heat an entire meal. If I find this spicy little pepper baby, I will make the hottest salsa, ever consumed on the planet and I will throw a party in it's honor. I cannot wait. If I can get to the Jenks Herb fest early enough on Saturday, hopefully I can find someone who has not sold out, if not, I will search high and low, I will travel to India and I will score a ghost chili, as God is my witness. Last Saturday, while pepper hunting, I had an idea, I know that you cannot cross strawberries and peppers, but how good would that be? I proposed this out loud and a friend suggested mixing pepper oil and sugar and dipping the strawberries in it, Oh my, what a flipping mouth circus that would be! Now, where do I find pepper oil? Maybe I could make pepper oil, by infusing my favorite pepper in olive oil? Not sure if that's how you do it, but couldn't hurt to try!
http://www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com/

No comments: