Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 158 Give Me That Tofu Religion

Tonight, I had the best BBQ tofu, ever! I got it from Whole Foods, which is sometimes hit or miss in the world of bean curds. It was so good, I wanted it to go on forever and that's saying a lot for tofu. There are very few people who make good tofu, it has to be cooked exactly right for it to work. A few weeks ago, I had a salad from Whole Foods, with grilled tofu and it was astonishingly disgusting. It had grill marks, like it had been grilled and had a slight burned flavor, but had obviously not been marinated in anything and if you've ever had a piece of unflavored tofu in your mouth, you understand what I'm saying. I myself, have never mastered the art of tofu cookery, I can never get the texture I want. A couple of Thanksgivings ago, I made a pumpkin pie out of tofu and it was a big, fat tasteless disaster, mainly because I could not get it to smooth out. There is one place in the world, within my realm of experience that makes the best tofu in all the heavens. Zen Garden in Louisville, KY. is a vegetarian restaurant, with all kinds of tofu recipes. My favorite is the sweet and sour tofu, it is perfect and is almost indistinguishable from sweet and sour chicken, so gooood! Everything they have is comfort food fabulous, I wish I could teleport myself there right now to chow on some of their lovely spring rolls.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: