Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 172 Holy Flaming Ghost Peppers, It's Hot In Here

Today was a day for adventurous eating, for sure, first of all, let me just tell you about my find of the day. If anyone is the least bit familiar with my obsession for pepper heat and my ongoing search for anything made from Ghost peppers, the day has come! Now, please don't consider me naive, I am well aware that only the smallest bit of Ghost pepper could have been used for the salsa on the grocery store shelf, but there it was on the label! Ghost pepper salsa, "scary hot", it warned in frightening font. I almost could not wait to get home to try it, my mom looked at me with doubt and then poured us both a glass of milk for the experiment. I went first.....nothing, and then a whole lotta something, it was HOT!! though not hot enough to keep me from continuing the sweat inducing salsabration. My mother tried it and choked, what a pansy! After, about 1/3 of a cup with chips, my eyes felt like they were bulging, my neck was sweating, and my mouth was a buzzing furnace of molten venom, it was fabulous and I can't wait for round two! Once my face stopped ticking, I made a cake! Not just any cake, I made the first prototype of my county fair cake. I made a Caribbean Mango Spice Cake, and we ate the whole thing, there is nothing left, everyone in the family approves and agrees that it may be Blue ribbon quality. I would say that day two of staycation has been an astounding success!
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: