Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 175 Green Corn Crazy

As I wipe the butter off of my face, I think I hear angels singing in the distance, nope that's just the sound of me gnawing on a corn cob, trying to get the last kernel. Today, we went to Conrad farms for the Green Corn Festival, the corn is not really green, but it is very, very, very, fresh. I just had corn for dinner, I bought six ears and I had to put four of them in the freezer to eat for a special occasion, I love corn. If you're in the area, go to Conrad's this weekend, you will not be sorry! I also bought fresh green beans, which I have already snapped and put into the freezer, I bought blackberries for cobbler, and bruised tomatoes 8/1.00 which I have prepared and packaged for the freezer, for sauce. My plan is to have enough food by Fall to last throughout the winter, without having to shop for anything and I hope to do this very cheaply. I'm going to plan out my meals for October through February from what I have "in stock". I will continue to stock my freezer from my mom's garden and my shelves are already starting to fill up, from the 10/10 deal at Food Pyramid this week, I am one prepared girl, ain't no snow gonna hold me back when it comes.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: