Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 170 Chocolate Cayenne Peppers

Today has been a pretty tasty day, after a lazy breakfast of biscuits and eggs, I hopped on over to my dad's house for lunch. My mom made taco salad and chocolate cake, which were both fabulous, we used some of the salsa, left over from last year for the salad...it was limey garlicky, good stuff!!  For dinner tonight, I made the squash I picked yesterday. Let me just say that I love, love, love patty pan squash, it has a really good flavor and it's pretty like a flower. The yellow squash were more like blossoms and were really flavorful as well. For dessert, I had two tomatoes, and I may have the banana pepper later. As far as peppers go, banana peppers are not my favorite, but perhaps I can find something interesting to do with it...I wonder if anyone has ever made a pepper bread? Like zucchini bread, only with a bit of a kick? I only have one on hand, so I would probably need a few more, but it is an idea worth exploring! I just had an idea along the lines of mixing peppers with sweets, a cayenne pepper, dipped in chocolate! Perfect! The cayenne's are really long and still green, so it may be a week or two before I can experiment, but I think it could work.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: