Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 187 Help! I'm Underneath This Pile Of Squash!

Here comes the squash! We have been eating baby squash for about a month now, because the idea is, that the more you pick, the more will grow on the vine and the past few days have proven that theory. We have so much squash that we are picking it daily and giving it away. I have squash in my freezer, in my refrigerator, and sitting on the counter in the kitchen. My mom is giving it away to people at church and I'm looking for new recipes to process it! Yikes! We also have an avalanche of tomatoes, so salsa is coming very, very soon! I recently found a recipe for tomato pie, I may try out in the next few days or so and I'm thinking about stuffing a squash just for something to do. I'm so excited about putting stuff away for Winter, I can make all kinds of cold weather stuff with squash, if I don't get sick of it first. I love squash, but that doesn't mean I want to eat it every single day. Just good to know it's there in case I ever reach a starvation point. Here's hoping my stash of garden goodness will not be needed for nuclear winter nourishment.
www.fastfoodboycott.blogspot.com

No comments: