Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My People

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 206 and 207 Dear Oven, Please Don't Feel Neglected

My mom makes the best iced tea, today in between appointments on the same highway, I stopped by her house for a little cool down. She made me a big, icy glass of tea and I must say, it got me through the rest of the sweltering silliness that is being an Okie in July. For dinner, once again I could not bring myself to cook, so I had chips and salsa again. I honestly cannot wait to start cooking again, I'm looking forward to fall soups, particularly corn chowder, yum! Yesterday was about like today, same heat, same dinner, same everything, hopefully tomorrow will be cooler, lighter, and more satisfying.
I have decided on my plan of action for the Friday work celebration, I am going to eat the salad, I will not participate in the pizza, but I will eat the lettuce and here are the reasons: 1. It's free, so I'm not breaking my rule of purchasing restaurant food. 2. Vegetables are vegetables, no cooking is needed, so no unhealthy preparation. 3. It is a work function/celebration so I am not just willy nilly eating garbage from a fast food schlep house. There you have it, take it as you will, I am still fully on board with my mission.

No comments: